Cohesion Dance Project is excited to be hosting two Adaptive Dance trainings this Winter/Spring and we hope you can join us. If you are interested in expanding your dance programming to incorporate people with disabilities or are looking for more ideas on how to modify movement for people with differing abilities, these are both excellent opportunities for you!
NEW Adaptive Dance Teacher Training this January!
This one-day workshop gives dance and classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, adaptive specialists and more, tools and strategies to spread the joy of dance to people of all ages and abilities. Led by Heidi Jones Eggert, Associate Professor of Dance and the Director of the “New Visions” Dance for Disability Program at the University of Montana, this intensive will include strategies to modify movement for a variety of movers, lesson planning, and a hands-on session where participants will work directly with students.
AXIS Dance Company is coming to Helena!
Oakland, CA based AXIS Dance Company, visionary leaders in the field of adaptive dance, will be leading dancers, educators and professionals in developing teaching skills to lead integrated dance in an inclusive and supportive environment.
AXIS Teacher Training for Dancers, Professionals & Educators Our teacher-training course is designed for teachers of dance and experienced artists interested in developing their teaching skills in leading integrated dance in an inclusive and supportive environment. Drawing on AXIS Dance Company’s creative practice, expertise and methodology in teaching integrated dance, students will explore the following areas:
- Open door policy – Removing any physical and emotional barriers that prevent people with disabilities from attending class
- Universal language and communication
- Exploring a variety of dance techniques, disciplines and approaches to teaching dance
- Stripping away the myths of integrated dance for a realistic approach to teaching inclusivity
- To challenge and be challenged – a mutual dialogue of respect between teacher and student Body specificity –
- Working with different bodies to ensure all are challenged and learning
- Develop useful tools and skills to put into practice
- Ensuring best practice in integrated dance
- Build teachers’ confidence and set up a teachers’ network for future support
- Q&A time for discussion and feedback